The Leatt Kart Neck Brace is designed for use in all karting applications and adds head and neck safety with minimal weight and restrictions in movement.
The brace has been developed to help prevent:
- Hyperflexion: extreme forward head movement.
- Hyperextension: extreme rearward head movement.
- Lateral Hyperflexion: extreme sideways head movement.
- Axial loading: compression of the spinal column due to the effect of force on the helmet.
- Posterior hypertranslation: rearward movement of the head/helmet on the neck.
There is currently no other neck protection system available for karters that can effectively help prevent all of the above potential injuries. The design idea behind the Leatt-Brace® is to bring the head to a controlled stop - this is achieved by providing a padded rigid structure that acts as an alternate load path for neck forces. Helmet movements otherwise transmitted from the helmet to skull and then to the neck, are re-directed from the helmet to the brace, then to other body structures, all in a safe controlled way. The design prevents the helmet/head from projecting over the brace and therefore prevents a fulcrum (pivot) action. Works with most types of body armour and chest protectors.
Compatible with all full-face helmet types and the design allows drivers an adequate range of movement. It has been designed for all levels of competition use, and recreational karting.
Material: Glass reinforced nylon upper and lower.
Weight: 850gms (medium).
Sizes: S (age 4-16yrs/thin build), M (age 16 , average build up to approx. 110kgs).