The AiM SmartyCam 3 GP camera system has been designed for Motorsport and uses a robust and compact bullet camera which makes it perfect for single seaters, motorcycles or other applications where cockpit space is limited . The professional on-board camera records in full 1080p HD video at 60 fps and can include all the technical information that will help you improve your performance.
- A 84º lens is available for open-roof and formula cars, where it is possible to have a more ample view of the track and there is no risk of black frames.
- Real time configurable data overlays: When connected to an AIM logger / dash logger or optional GPS module, and using Race Studio 3, you can configure your overlays in a virtually infinite variety of ways: add your logo and the track map, choose your graphical objects from a list of pre-determined sets with same layout or even single objects from different sets. This way your videos will be truly "yours”. SmartyCam 3 overlays all data you need: speed, RPM, lap number, gear shifts and much more. Data can be read from all the possible sources. From GPS: track map and vehicle position as well as speed, lap and split times. From AiM logger / dash logger connected to your ECU: RPM, throttle, engaged gear, acceleration, temperatures, pressures etc. From additional sensors connected to your AiM logger / dash logger.
- Full internal datalogger: All data received from the CAN bus and from the internal sensors are recorded in .mp4 files produced at the end of your test, your SD (or MSD) Card contains all the information you need for a deep data analysis. SD card is sold separately (up to 2TB).
- Video output: SmartyCam 3 GP features a video output with SD interface. Stream your video at 30 or 60 FPS straight to your pit crew, or even Facebook, YouTube, you name it - with a built-in ethernet connection.
- No "Wave Effect" with Global Shutter CMOS: Engine rumble cause vibrations, which are a big problem for video recording. You will never experience again that seasick “wave effect” you get watching videos recorded by a generic camera when the car rolls at 7,000 RPM. SmartyCam 3 cameras have been designed for harsh Motorsport environments and for those vibrations. “Wave effect” is just a distant memory.
- Coaxial bullet cable with dedicated connection: The connection cable for the bullet camera is now more protected from electromagnetic noise, and has stronger filtering on the power connection of the SmartyCam 3 GP.
- Integrated CAN-bus Hub: SmartyCam 3 GP has 4 connectors, one completely dedicated to the bullet cam, one for SMA video output, one for the optional GPS09 Module connection and an extra one to add any expansion that you might need.
- Direct CAN ECU connection: A separately available CAN ECU connection cable offers direct connection to the CAN-bus line of the ECU. It allows the use of CAN-bus communication protocols included in the official AIM database. This is useful when not connecting to, or using with an AIM logger / dash logger.
- Sound Recording: As the SmartyCam 3 GP is sealed and waterproof to IP67 standards, it will only pick up a muffled “interference” sound which is fine if all you want to hear is basic engine rpm’s, but for anything else the optional external microphone cable is recommended.
- Video analysis with Race Studio 3 software (free to download and use): The video of a whole session, once downloaded on your PC can now be split with a simple click - into individual videos of each lap so that you can simultaneously watch two of them and check where you were faster or slower. The same operation can be performed with a SmartyCam 3 video recorded on the same track: you will be able to compare your best lap with your friends or instructor’s personal best!
- Designed for extreme conditions: An on-board camera designed for Motorsports must continue to work in the most extreme working conditions typical of track racing and against the most adverse weather, such as: strong and prolonged vibrations, continuous rain and extreme high and low temperatures. That is why the SmartyCam 3 GP is made in machinery moulded aluminium, just like many competition car parts.
- Higher Storage Capacity: Using a compression system which has been optimised to provide the perfect balance between video quality and file size. Video is stored on an SD card and you can select 3 different recording quality options: High quality, 1 hour = 4GB, Standard quality - 1 hour = 2GB, Low quality - 1 hour = 1.5GB. This means that with a 128GB SD card you can store over 32 hours of footage. SD cards are sold separately.
Dimensions: Main unit 120.8 x 80.2 x 30.9mm, Bullet camera (120° lens) 24mm diameter x 46mm long, Bullet camera (67° & 84 ° lens) 24mm diameter x 41mm long.